More Birthday Fun
This week was my thirty-first birthday and Jared and the girls took good care of me! It seems like I can't possibly be in my thirties already, but I'm so blessed to be where I am in my life right now. I have a wonderful husband who does sweet things for me. We have five beautiful, sweet, and funny daughters. For my birthday this year I asked Jared to bring home doner kebabs; they're a Turkish sandwich a lot like a gyro. The meat is cooked on a spit and then shaved off onto toasted bread and it's delicious. It's just one thing that we missed about Germany and are excited to be able to enjoy again. In the next village there is a great bakery and Jared ordered my birthday cake from there. It was a huge chocolate cake with the best frosting. I had a slice on my birthday and again the next day for breakfast! I also got a lot of chocolate from the kids for presents so it's been a chocolaty week.

Abigail's school had a big first grade concert on Friday and Natalie and I were able to go and see her perform. The performance was all about America, they sang about ten songs and Abigail got to lead the first graders in one of the songs. It was about Martin Luther King, Jr and all the kids sang and did sign language to the song. Abigail and another student stood in front and led the other first graders in the sign language.

Natalie continues to make us all laugh and smile with her crazy personality. This week she was pretending to be a gorilla (she says "rilla"). She put shoes on her hands and feet and then crawled around the house. After a while all the kids were crawling around, making monkey noises, and pretending to pick bugs off each other. Natalie always makes life fun and comes up with silly ways to amuse herself and the rest of us.
Abigail's school had a big first grade concert on Friday and Natalie and I were able to go and see her perform. The performance was all about America, they sang about ten songs and Abigail got to lead the first graders in one of the songs. It was about Martin Luther King, Jr and all the kids sang and did sign language to the song. Abigail and another student stood in front and led the other first graders in the sign language.

Natalie continues to make us all laugh and smile with her crazy personality. This week she was pretending to be a gorilla (she says "rilla"). She put shoes on her hands and feet and then crawled around the house. After a while all the kids were crawling around, making monkey noises, and pretending to pick bugs off each other. Natalie always makes life fun and comes up with silly ways to amuse herself and the rest of us.
Hi Sarah and Jared,
ReplyDeleteJohn here. What a cute Blog. It was such fun seeing the pictures and reading the stories. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the great games you sent us, we love them!! We love you guys.
John
Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was great. :) I'm so glad that we can keep in touch through blogging even though we are so far away from each other!
ReplyDelete