Sisterly Love

It always makes me feel happy and like I'm doing something right when I see that my kids love each other. This weekend Natalie and Samantha were laughing hysterically so I went to see what was so funny. They were standing on opposite ends of the entryway and then running towards each other. When they met in the middle they would hug and kiss and laugh. Then Natalie would yell "Again!" and the whole thing would start over. It was so cute and sweet to see them having a great time together. It sounded so fun that even Abigail wanted to get in on the fun. Our entryway is T shaped so they each stood and one end and then ran towards the middle
for a big hug.













Our landlord is a really nice, easy going guy. Whenever he stops by he has a treat for the kids. The toilet seat in our bathroom was breaking so we let him know that we'd need a new one. He came by a few weeks ago with a new toilet seat for our bathroom and it's so awesome that I just had to put a picture of it on here. It is made out of hard, clear plastic and embedded inside the plastic is sand and seashells. When we were looking for a place when we first moved here we saw a few houses with toilets seats like this and I was really happy that this house had pretty normal toilets. For the first week or so I kept doing a double take every time I'd go into the bathroom because out of the corner of my eye it looked like the toilet seat was just really dirty, not that it had seashells all over it. Because I know how nice Werner (our landlord) is I'm pretty sure that he got us this seat because it's nice, not just because it was the cheapest thing at the hardware store!



Comments

  1. Samanthas hair is really growing! Put up some pics of your other girls too sometime. Well, our van is broken and needs to be fixed, so the money I have saved for a plane ticket to Utah will have to go towards that. So I wanted you to know, you won't be the only one not at Beccas wedding. So sad! Enjoy the rest of your summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Charissa, that's so sad! It took me a couple of weeks to get over not being able to go to the wedding, but it seems like life (and having no money) gets in the way of what I want to do sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sarah. What a lovely toilet cover it is! It just reminds you that you are indeed in another country with a different culture from yours, doesn't it? Kind of reminds me that just about every dessert there contains either alcohol or coffee. Why mess with a perfectly wonderful chocolate cake in the first place?? Leave it alone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades