Sleepover after Sleepover

Emily is our most social child and summer is a boring time for her because she doesn't get to see her friends as much as she'd like to. Luckily, her friend Sydney lives right here in town and came over for a sleepover on Tuesday night. All the kids love playing with Sydney so it was a fun night for everyone. They played outside until it got dark and then came inside and played some more. By the time they settled down it was after midnight.

That should have been enough fun for a while, but the next night Emily had another sleepover with her friend Aubrey from church. Aubrey is so sweet and is really good about playing with everyone, even Natalie and Samantha. It was another night of running around outside and then staying up late - really, really late. The kids haven't had that many sleepovers so it's a new thing for them and for me too. I stayed up both nights until all the kids had fallen asleep just in case they needed anything but thinking about it now I wonder if I really needed to do that. Nothing happened that they needed help with, and if anything did they could have woken me up, right? In the end I stayed up really late two nights in a row when I really didn't need to.

On Wednesday I took my final for the German class I've been taking and it went pretty well. I ended up with an A in the course and I also had a lot of fun learning something new and interesting. I've got about a month off and then I'll start again with the next level of German. I'll also be taking something else, but I haven't decided what yet. Jared is still working on his class. I've been trying to understand the point of the class he's taking; basically it's about learning how to learn. He's been studying learning styles, multitasking, and how to focus when you are learning new things. Which I guess is interesting, but I don't really see how it pertains to his Criminal Justice degree.

This weekend out Stake had a pioneer day service project. We volunteered for Project Rudolph, a organization that puts together Christmas care packages for troops deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. We wrote letters to the troops, made Christmas ornaments, and put the packages together in a huge assembly line. The kids had a really great time, which was surprising to me. I really thought that they would be ready to go almost as soon as we got there, but we stayed for five hours and they were already talking about helping out again at their next event in September.



Samantha and Natalie being mermaids in the bathtub.

Comments

  1. Way to go on your exam! That is awesome. Your girls are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades