Child Labor
Jared and I both think it's really important that our kids learn that our family is like a team. That means that we all work together around the house. Everyone has chores to do each day and today was Samantha's day to unload the dishwasher. That means that I put away the things that go up high and she puts away the things that go down low. As I looked over today and saw her putting utensils away I realized that maybe we need to rethink that division of labor. Perhaps the new arrangement should be that I will also handle all sharp objects!
P.S. This picture makes me think of Jared's response to a question that we hear a lot when we are out without the kids. "Where are the kids?" Jared's answer is usually, "At home playing with knives and matches."
Maybe you need to keep your knives up high? :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you with the jobs! My teenage boys have chores they have to do and some of their friends don't understand that they have to do their jobs before they can "play". Someday my daughters-in-law will thank me!
Luckily, Ethan won't touch knives yet. He knows that they are "owie". That's great that you have them do chores. It teaches them hard work.
ReplyDeleteSarah, that photo is hilarious! If it didn't question your mothering ability so obviously, I would definitely send it into a photo contest! Thanks for the laugh!
ReplyDeleteIt also makes one think, Why did I stop to get the camera and then take a picture? Why did I not just yell, "Put down those knives!!" Because when Jared pointed out to me what was going on I did yell for her to put them down, THEN I got the camera and staged the whole picture. (See, I'm a good mom, sort of!)
ReplyDeleteDon't think that all of us other mothers haven't staged our own photo ops!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I just had to look at this photo again today. Again, I laughed out loud. I love it!
ReplyDelete