More Craftiness

I'm feeling the lack of a good fabric store right about now. I think I've used up all the old sheets around the house and all the little scraps of fabric from projects I did years ago. I've been looking online and there are so many awesome fabrics and great ideas out there. I've never been much of a sewer but I think I've been bitten by a little sewing bug.
Yesterday we were snow bound so I decided to pull out my supplies and see what I could come up with using the things I had on hand. I ended up doing three projects; iPod cases for me and Emily, a crayon roll for when Natalie is on the go, and a pincushion/organizer/scrap bag. I can't claim credit for any of these ideas - I've been wasting a lot of time reading sewing and crafting blogs looking at everyone else's creativity and just copying what they have made.

Padded cases to keep our iPods scratch free. I also love these for a small camera, GPS, lip glosses, pens, cell phones, whatever gets lost or bumped around at the bottom of a bag.


This is the pincushion with an organizer attached for scissors and other sewing supplies. The little bag is for clipped threads and scraps of fabric.



What was a pillowcase is now Natalie's new crayon holder - rolled and unrolled



Comments

  1. I totally need one of those pin/craft organizer. Can you post the link for the tutorial? I've totally been into the sewing thing lately, too. We just got stationed at Ft. Bragg and I'm waiting for all our household goods to get here so I can start on curtains and pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, I found it at sewmamasew.com at this page http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=765

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Can't wait for my sewing machine to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so awesome!! Did I ask you already where Dusseldorf is in relation to where you are? One of my friends is moving there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dusseldorf is about three hours north of here. Why is your friend moving there?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades