A Mystery . . .


This year as we were taking down the Christmas decorations I found an ornament on the tree that I've never seen before. The kids don't remember putting it on the tree and Jared doesn't know where it came from. Anyway, it's a cute little wooden police officer and I really love it. We have a few police themed ornaments; cars, whistles, etc. but this is my new favorite. We like him so much that he didn't go back to the attic with the rest of our Christmas things and is instead going to be out and with us year round. Thanks to our mystery gifter, we love it!

Keeping guard over the pretty bottles in the kitchen




Comments

  1. I know where he came from, but we didn't hang him on your Christmas tree this year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm really confused! Was it some other year and we've totally blocked it from our memories? Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it! I bought ornaments like that for anybody who had a profession represented on one when I came back to Germany in 2007. Doctor for a doctor, dentist for a dentist and police officer for Jared. No worries though! I'm glad you can enjoy him 2 years afterwards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I really do LOVE him! I'm can't understand why I didn't notice him before. Can I make an excuse for myself? In 2007 we spent Christmas with my parents and in 2008 in TLF so this was his first Christmas on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No excuses necessary--really, no worries! Although now I know why I didn't receive a "thank you" note. JUST KIDDING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades