The White Stuff
Since about the middle of December we have had snow on the ground, with the exception of a few days here and there. On Monday the kids had a two hour delay for school. This is the first time they've ever had ANY type of snow day. Yesterday the military classified the road conditions as black, which means only mission essential travel in government vehicles and no personal vehicles on the roads. Of course I happened to be out driving at the time and the roads didn't seem that bad to me. Today was actually sunny, but bitterly cold. Tomorrow and for the next few days the forcast is for snow and by the end of it we are supposed to get an additional 18 inches of snow. We'll see if anything actually happens but if we do get that much snow it should make for an exciting weekend.
This picture is the view from our balcony. I love the way snow covered trees look. Driving the kids to school yesterday we went through a stretch of forest with trees all around and overhead. It was beautiful to see all those trees dusted with snow. I was having a hard time keeping my eyes on the road because I just wanted to look at the beauty all around me.
Comments
Post a Comment