Hole in my Heart
So if the kitchen is the heart of the home, then I have a hole in my heart.
About two weeks ago I heard this weird grinding noise. At first I thought it was something outside, like a neighbor doing yard work or cutting down a tree. But when it kept getting louder I got off my bum and went to investigate. As I came down the stairs the noise kept growing and that's when I realized that it was coming from the kitchen. Our poor dishwasher was trying to run through the cycle but no water was getting into it and it kept getting stuck between the number 3 and 4 on the dial. Since then we have been hand washing dishes and using our dishwasher as a very fancy dish drying rack.
Our landlord has been helpful, but he's slower about things than I would like. Wednesday some repair guys finally got out to the house and took a look at things. I was thinking, "Hooray, tonight I won't have to wash all those dishes after dinner! It's finally going to be fixed!" I was so wrong. Instead they took my dishwasher totally away from me. I can't even use it to dry the dishes anymore! And with it they took our ability to have cold water in the kitchen, a convenience that I didn't really appreciate until now. Without cold water there is no warm water so our only option is hot, hot, screaming hot water. I am still waiting to hear back about when we will get a working dishwasher to fill in that hole and in the meantime I am trying to enjoy washing, and washing, and washing dishes. I wonder how long it will be before I break down and pull out the paper plates?
About two weeks ago I heard this weird grinding noise. At first I thought it was something outside, like a neighbor doing yard work or cutting down a tree. But when it kept getting louder I got off my bum and went to investigate. As I came down the stairs the noise kept growing and that's when I realized that it was coming from the kitchen. Our poor dishwasher was trying to run through the cycle but no water was getting into it and it kept getting stuck between the number 3 and 4 on the dial. Since then we have been hand washing dishes and using our dishwasher as a very fancy dish drying rack.
Our landlord has been helpful, but he's slower about things than I would like. Wednesday some repair guys finally got out to the house and took a look at things. I was thinking, "Hooray, tonight I won't have to wash all those dishes after dinner! It's finally going to be fixed!" I was so wrong. Instead they took my dishwasher totally away from me. I can't even use it to dry the dishes anymore! And with it they took our ability to have cold water in the kitchen, a convenience that I didn't really appreciate until now. Without cold water there is no warm water so our only option is hot, hot, screaming hot water. I am still waiting to hear back about when we will get a working dishwasher to fill in that hole and in the meantime I am trying to enjoy washing, and washing, and washing dishes. I wonder how long it will be before I break down and pull out the paper plates?
Those are just one dinner's worth of dishes. I am grateful for a flat cooktop so we can use it as drying space!
Poor, poor Sarah! That is absolutely miserable. I think no dishwasher is doable, but only scalding hot water? I think you owe it to yourself to buy some paper plates and Dixie cups. That is if you can get to the commissary in all of the snow :-)
ReplyDeleteYesterday afternoon they nice repairmen came back with a NEW dishwasher! Hooray for modern conveniences!
ReplyDelete