Thirty-two - Now with pictures!
First, I want to say grrr! I had pictures of my birthday, I was looking at them today on my camera. When I inserted the card into my computers input thingy it somehow took them and deleted them all instead of transferring them to my computer! Update: I mean, hooray, I found the pictures! Anyway, my birthday was wonderful and it's nice to be 32.
I decided that I wouldn't do anything that I didn't feel like doing because, after all, I was the birthday girl. So I read and sewed and napped and basically did whatever I felt like and nothing that needed to be done. My neighbor make me a beautiful and delicious (chocolate and peanut butter, yum!) cake. That meant I didn't have to make one or eat one from a bakery, instead I got a homemade cake for my birthday! Jared and the girls took me out to dinner at a great restaurant that we've eaten at once before and really liked. It's in a renovated barn so it's an interesting place to eat, plus the food is really good. I had the most delicious potato soup and some excellent Cordon Bleu Schnitzel (sorry diet, but it was my birthday). Abigail chose potato pancakes and applesauce (and we HAD a great picture of this) and I was sneaking bites off of her plate all night long, those pancakes were amazing. Now I need to find a good recipe and make my own.
When we came home it was time for presents! Since Christmas I have been coveting and occasionally stealing, Jared's fluffy, soft, warm robe. He was smart and got me my own for my birthday this year, in my color of the moment, plummy purple.
I was also given a pair of shoes that are seriously the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn - and they are cute!
Jared found three books that I not only haven't already read, but that I also had not even heard of, so I am grateful for something new to read. He was also funny and gave me a bottle of Centrum Silver vitamins, you know, the mature formula.
I'm not sure what he was thinking there as he is four years OLDER than me, maybe it was a little bit of last minute present buying desperation? And our sweet girls gave me lots of love and homemade cards.
So here's to being another year older and maybe even a little wiser too!
So here's to being another year older and maybe even a little wiser too!
I am so happy that you had a great birthday! Isn't February the best month ever?:) I've had the same thing happen to me with my camera too, except it was my honeymoon pictures! frustrating big time! I'm sorry! Happy B-day again!
ReplyDeleteMan, it sounds like the party of the century! Glad to see that Jared and the girls took care of you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! It sounds like you had an amazing day. That is a bummer that you lost your pictures. You should take another picture of your shoes and robe so we can see what they look like.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys are always having lots of fun! Those potatoe pancakes and applesauce sound great! If you find a recipe for it you should share it on here! I'm sorry about yoru pictures, technology can be so great, but so lame sometimes. Happy Birthday Sarah!
ReplyDeleteThe picture of you holding the vitamins is priceless! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDelete