This is it, I promise

Sorry to be writing about snow again, but I think we might be finally done with the snow for a little while and I wanted to write about it before I forgot the experience this has been. This morning after we had finished shoveling Jared took some pictures to show just how much snow we've gotten. There was no school today for the German schools, but they did have school for our kids. I decided to keep our kids home anyway; two school busses slid off the road on their way to pick up the kids this morning and I knew that I could not make it out of town and drive them in myself. Jared stayed home from work and we had another snowed in day.





We've started to run out of places to pile up the snow that we have been shoveling, and shoveling, and shoveling.

It's kind of hard to tell, but this is a picture from an upstairs window of an amazing snowdrift that formed on our garage roof. You can just make out the roof tiles under the snow in the background and all the snow in the front of the picture is this big swoopy snowdrift. The very top edge was paper thin and it was so awesome (until Jared decided to reach out the window and knock it down!)

The snowy, snowy house covered with snowy, snowy snow.

We've been shoveling our neighbor's sidewalk and the piles of snow have been growing. They were up to my knees this morning.

Our front porch light complete with mini icicles.

Comments

  1. MY HEART IS JUST SICK FOR YOU!! That is tragic, Sarah, tragic, I say. Global warming, what?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades