Young Women Auction
This year is Madison's first in Young Women and she is really excited about going to camp this summer. In most of the wards we've lived in the youth have done some sort of dessert of service auction to raise money for their summer camps. Our ward here did just that this month and asked Jared to be the auctioneer; something that he was really, really good at. In fact, the youth raised enough money that the girls will not have to pay anything out of pocket to go to camp this year. I didn't get any good pictures of that night, mine all ended up sort of fuzzy around the edges. Luckily Becca was there so I borrowed some pictures from her blog!
Natalie chowing down on the spaghetti dinner. It must be nice to be three and to just be expected to make a mess with your food!

Jared in auctioneer mode, he did a wonderful job. I can hear him now, "Come on people don't be cheap, just one more dollar! Going once, going twice..."
My contribution to the dessert auction, a totally awesome dirt bike cake. I know it's very boyish, but these sorts of occasions are my only chance to make a fun cake that's not pink and flowery
Jared in auctioneer mode, he did a wonderful job. I can hear him now, "Come on people don't be cheap, just one more dollar! Going once, going twice..."
What sweet, sweet memories this brought back! Your cakes, Sarah, are the literal winners of any auction. I don't imagine any boy scouts have ever paid for camp either when your cakes have been involved :-)
ReplyDelete