Sneaky Girl

Natalie has become more and more sneaky lately. When she was younger and up to no good she would do whatever in full view of whoever happened to be around. She's wised up and now if she wants to make some trouble she finds someplace where we can't see her and gets to it! This month she has cut her hair twice (now all the scissors are up high), colored on the walls three times (and the markers and crayons too), and sneakily ate the entire inside of a loaf of bread.


I love to bake bread so when we had a cooler day this week I decided to get baking. I made a pizza bread braid for dinner and just a regular loaf for snacking. While the dinner bread was baking we shared a few slices of bread and Natalie really liked it and kept asking for more. I told her maybe after dinner and then went to fold some laundry. When I came back to the kitchen later to check on our dinner everything looked normal. Then I looked closer and saw that someone had pulled out and eaten the inside of the bread and left the intact crust behind. So at first glance everything looked good, but then I saw this:



And the investigation began. Even though I had a pretty good idea who the responsible person was, I felt that to be fair I should talk to everyone before pointing my finger straight at Natalie. When I did find her she had a bowl full of clumps of bread. I asked her what she had done and she gave me her standard answer, "Nothing." Then I asked where she had gotten that bread if she hadn't done anything and she gave me her other usual response, "Abby did it." So short of constant supervision (that makes me think of The Little Mermaid when King Triton and Sebastian are talking about Ariel) I cannot think of what to do about Natalie and her sneaky ways.

Comments

  1. Sounds like Ethan. When he gets caught doing something he shouldn't, he always says, "Logan did it".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness :-) Those babies of the family! They get away with doing things that the "first" kids would never have dreamed of doing. Of course, if they weren't so dang cute, it wouldn't be so hard to get mad at them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of bread I was wondering if you could send me your delicious bread recipe. The one you made while we were there, it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty funny, that was probably a first, huh? :) I hope to have cute, fun girls like you some day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it is something with being the youngest because Chase is the same way. He is very sneaky and always blames it on someone else. I think also, that I am not as stricked on him, I have just run out of steam and have no energy for discipline anymore, so sad, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades