Can't Even Think

Lately life has been busy. Not just regular busy, but super-duper busy. I read a quote one time, "He who begins too much accomplishes little." Right now I feel as if maybe I have begun too much.

Besides the normal responsibilities of kids, husband, home, and church (and really, isn't that enough for one person?), I'm feeling swamped by school and the seemingly constant doctor appointments I've been having lately. This term is my last chance to use some free money the government gave me for school and I didn't want to waste a cent of the $6,000 that is there for me to use. So I decided to take five classes this semester - they're not all at once, thank goodness, but still three now and two later seems like quite a lot to me. I spend every morning while Natalie and Samantha are at kindergarten doing schoolwork. That's twenty hours a week and that should be enough, but I still feel as if I need more time. If I'm being 100% honest, and I think I should be, I don't spend my entire four hour block in the mornings on school. There's still housework to take care of in the mornings as well - so maybe it's should be more like 15 hours of schoolwork each week. This week I've finished an essay and will be starting another one tomorrow, but I still have to do four biology labs, two quizzes (I'd actually forgotten about the second one until just now!), and 50+ algebra problems.

Looking at it written down, it doesn't seem so bad. But then I have to factor in those pesky doctor appointments. Yesterday I had physical therapy in the morning. Today Abigail had a dentist appointment and then I went to the podiatrist. And even having a podiatrist makes me feel o-l-d. Last week Emily was at the dentist one morning, Samantha and Natalie were there the next morning, and I had a doctor appointment the following day. Next week looks like more of the same. Every time I make a new appointment I receive a print out of my upcoming appointments. This morning when I scheduled the follow-up for podiatry, otherwise known as the old lady doctor, my print out was 1 and 1/2 pages long. To make it to all these appointments minus kids is really important, but when am I kid free? Yep, that's right, in the mornings when I should be doing homework.

So my brilliant plan to work my mornings away and then have the afternoons to run errands or clean and my evenings for family is not working out so well. I've been spending every possible minute on school. I've started taking my math book, paper, and a pencil with me everywhere I go so if I'm in a long line or in the waiting room somewhere I can work on a problem or two. It's amazing that I used to bring books to read for pleasure in times like that! I just keep telling myself "four more weeks" because that's when one class will be finished and then I will only have two courses to worry about. Maybe it should be more like four more months - only seventeen more weeks until this semester ends!

Comments

  1. Yay! A new post from Sarah! I've been missing your posts, and now I can see why there haven't been any. What a crazy life you lead now. Maybe you should take your essays, and use them as new posts, otherwise known as killing two birds with one stone :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades