S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G B-E-E
There were 31 kids participating and I was surprised to learn that they all would be spelling from the same list of words. I had thought that the third graders would get third grade words, the fourth graders would get fourth grade words, and on up the line. Nope, they all got the same words which were a mix of every level. So much for the words we worked on here at home. I wanted her to do well, but I figured she would get out in the first round. She was crazy nervous and hadn't studied anything except the list of twenty or so words her teacher had given us. One little third grader got up to the microphone and couldn't even repeat the word she was given, she was so nervous. But Abigail did quite well - she made it to the fourth round with nine other students and was one of only two third graders left. Still, all good things must come to an end and eventually she got a word that she didn't know - SUFFRAGE - and that was the of the line for her in the Spelling Bee. Hooray for our awesome Abigail!
Excited and ready to spell one minute. . .
Spelling was never my best subject...especially in 3rd grade. Good for her!:) She should be so proud!:)
ReplyDeleteI always enjoyed spelling and was in a couple of spelling bee's myself. I remember how nervous I always was. Sounds like she did a great job, especially since she had to go against older kids.
ReplyDeleteSuch a brave, brave girl! Tell her how amazing she is (from the Kennedy family).
ReplyDelete