A Teenager
It's official, Madison is thirteen. So far we haven't had to deal with tons of crazy teenager behavior or moods. Madison is a just calm and easy going most of the time and I hope that doesn't change. The only thing she gets really worked up about is being a good big sister, she sometimes takes that responsibility too seriously and I have to remind her to leave the serious worrying to me. We are so blessed to have Madison in our family and here's why:
1. She is always willing to help and rarely, if ever, complains when we ask her to do something around the house.
2. She sets goals for herself and doesn't quit until she's achieved them. One of her goals right now is to get straight A's during seventh grade; so far she's right on track.
3. Madison is the neatest person I've ever met. The books in her room are organized by either size and color or alphabetically by author's last name, like in a library. We never have to remind her to make her bed or pick up her room because she's always kept it nice and neat.
4. She can read like nobody's business! I love having someone to talk about books with and seeing her enjoy the same books I did when I was younger.
5. She is generous. She is always willing to share with her sisters, buy them a treat at the store, or spend her time doing what they want to do.
6. Madison is not too old to play with her sisters. Once they manage to pull her away from whatever book she's reading, she jumps right in and has fun with them.
7. She isn't afraid to share what she believes with the people around her. She loves to bear her testimony and is always looking for friends to invite to church.
8. Madison is a good friend. I used to worry that she didn't have very many friends, but now I'm glad that she has a small group of really good friends. Her friends love her because she is a good friend to them. She cares about them, cheers them on, and really loves them.
9. She is beautiful. I think she knows that she's pretty, but I don't know if she really knows how beautiful she is.
10. Madison is a super percussionist. I was a little unsure when she came home and told me that she wanted to play percussion in the school band, but she is really good. She is constantly tapping rhythms out with her feet or hands and actually wants to practice.
She was out of town on her actual birthday so we celebrated early and I think she had a really great day.
Two of Madison's friends, Katie and Rebekah, came over to have fun and share dinner and cake with us. She got lots of great presents and spent the night feeling happy, HAPPY, HAPPY!!
I can't imagine having a 13 year old, I'm just trying to get through the terrible 2's...:) I'm glad she had a great day! Yay for birthdays!
ReplyDeleteAww, such a sweet post! I hope my girls can have that same attitude and love for their friends and family when they become teenagers
ReplyDeleteWhat a great picture of the three of them! Yay for good friends!
ReplyDelete