Well, I'm a Year Older

And that's about all I have to say about my birthday yesterday. My birthday celebration wasn't typical because we're in the States to see Jared's grandmother before she passes away. We spent the morning trying to recover from jet lag and then drove to West Virginia to visit with Grandma McNally. Then it was running errands with Jared's mom and trying to keep the kids quiet in the house.

By the time we got around to celebrating my birthday, we were all hungry, cranky, and tired. In fact, Natalie fell asleep in the car on the way to the restaurant and didn't wake up until this morning so she missed the entire thing. Anyway, we went out to eat and even ordered dessert. Jared and the girls (minus Natalie) sang a quiet Happy Birthday to me after the waiter brought out the cake and that was it. Back to the hotel and asleep before 10 pm. No presents, no party, no fun. Next year birthday number thirty-four had better be spectacular.

Comments

  1. Gee, you sound so sad!! Maybe I will have to do something special for you when I see you! happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! When are you headed here? My birthday highlight today was a birthday nap :-) I think you and I are both VERY deserving of something better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry! That sounds like a birthday bummer. I hope You can have a make up day pretty soon, you deserve one! February birthdays are the best, and it sounds a little like yours didn't live up to it. Happy late BIRTHDAY! March 23rd is coming up soon, I think you should make a pull to REALLY celebrate then :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Sorry this is so late.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades