Birthday Correction
I feel the need to elaborate a little on my last post, which was a pretty whiny one about my less than wonderful birthday. After looking back I can see that I did have a pretty good birthday, it was just spread out over several days instead of concentrated on one day in particular. In fact, I had four or five separate birthday celebrations and that's kind of a lot.
The Sunday before my birthday we had dinner at a friend's house and Jared mentioned that my birthday was coming up. They got out the birthday candles, put them in the cake, and and everyone sang happy birthday to me. A dinner I didn't have to cook and a cake with sprinkles was birthday celebration number 1.
On my birthday Jared and the girls took me out to dinner and we ordered chocolate cake for dessert. Jared had Madison pretend to get up to use the bathroom during dinner when actually she was finding our waiter and asking him to put a candle in my dessert. Jared, our kids, and our waiter singing happy birthday was Birthday celebration number 2.
The next day I was working on school stuff in our hotel room while Jared took the girls shopping so I could concentrate. They came home with these great socks for me; green stripes and green argyle. I love colorful socks! Time to myself and new fun socks for birthday celebration number 3.
The Sunday after my birthday we were in Cumberland visiting Don and Charissa's family. Charissa made delicious cream filled cupcakes and surprised me with a little birthday party. Birthday celebration number 4 and a big hooray for big sisters!
The following weekend we went to Pennsylvania to visit the Kennedys and John and Larisa surprised me with a delicious chocolate birthday cake topped with the most fun spiral candles and of course, a beautiful rendition of Happy Birthday to You. And that made birthday celebration number 5.
So over the course of two weeks we actually celebrated my birthday five different times and that leaves me no room for whining. Thanks to everyone who made my birthday so special!
The Sunday before my birthday we had dinner at a friend's house and Jared mentioned that my birthday was coming up. They got out the birthday candles, put them in the cake, and and everyone sang happy birthday to me. A dinner I didn't have to cook and a cake with sprinkles was birthday celebration number 1.
On my birthday Jared and the girls took me out to dinner and we ordered chocolate cake for dessert. Jared had Madison pretend to get up to use the bathroom during dinner when actually she was finding our waiter and asking him to put a candle in my dessert. Jared, our kids, and our waiter singing happy birthday was Birthday celebration number 2.
The next day I was working on school stuff in our hotel room while Jared took the girls shopping so I could concentrate. They came home with these great socks for me; green stripes and green argyle. I love colorful socks! Time to myself and new fun socks for birthday celebration number 3.
The Sunday after my birthday we were in Cumberland visiting Don and Charissa's family. Charissa made delicious cream filled cupcakes and surprised me with a little birthday party. Birthday celebration number 4 and a big hooray for big sisters!
The following weekend we went to Pennsylvania to visit the Kennedys and John and Larisa surprised me with a delicious chocolate birthday cake topped with the most fun spiral candles and of course, a beautiful rendition of Happy Birthday to You. And that made birthday celebration number 5.
So over the course of two weeks we actually celebrated my birthday five different times and that leaves me no room for whining. Thanks to everyone who made my birthday so special!
Everyone must know that you like chocolate cake! Or do you? It's nice that you were able to look back and count the celebrations.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I have had to buy a couple of things I really want and then say to Kent, "How would you like to give me this for my birthday?" or Christmas, etc. It's not a surprise then, but it means I get a present that I want! :)
Yes, my Mom is famous for that! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's hard when you don't feel like your birthDAY was very important to anyone else, but it's good to remember that it's not the day that matters but that YOU are celebrated! That's great you have so many people that love you and want to let you know how great you are! So, happy late birthday from us!
P.S. You got so much cake! That's awesome! :)