Moran Family Work Day
This past Saturday we had a work day at our house and spent our morning completing some projects that we'd put off too long. I love it when we are all working together and I feel as if a Saturday has been put to good use if I can see that something has been accomplished at the end of the day. Apparently, not everyone feels the same way.
Today I was cleaning up in Abigail's room and I found a list she had made in her notebook sitting on her desk. I guess she wasn't as happy about the work day as I was. What's strange is that Jared and I were talking that night about what a good worker Abigail was. All the other girls were complaining and trying to get out of working, but Abigail was such a happy helper. As soon as she was finished with one task she would be asking us what she could do next. Maybe it was so she would have lots of items to add to her list?
Today I was cleaning up in Abigail's room and I found a list she had made in her notebook sitting on her desk. I guess she wasn't as happy about the work day as I was. What's strange is that Jared and I were talking that night about what a good worker Abigail was. All the other girls were complaining and trying to get out of working, but Abigail was such a happy helper. As soon as she was finished with one task she would be asking us what she could do next. Maybe it was so she would have lots of items to add to her list?

In case it's hard to read her lovely third grade handwriting, here's what she had to say about our day of work -
List of: A boring work day and what I have to do :( :(
1 - Clean out the garage attic.
2 - Take everything off the back porch.
3 - Sweep the back porch.
4 - Put everything back on the back porch/organize.
5 - Weed duty
6 - Egg duty (I don't even know what this was, I didn't give her anything to do with eggs)
7 - Crazy duty!!!FUN
8 - Play duty
9 - Watch the littles (Samantha and Natalie) duty
10 - Relax duty
11 - Kitchen duty
12 - Lunch duty
What a cute list. At least she complains in silence and not out loud like everyone else.
ReplyDelete