Easter

We had a wonderful Easter this year and I thought I would share some pictures of the day.

It was atypically warm and sunny here in Germany this Easter so after church we hid the eggs outside and the girls had a barefoot egg hunt. I loved seeing their cute feet all lined up and I thought it might be easier to take a picture of their feet than it would be to get a picture with them all looking and smiling at the same time.

Natalie and Samantha got a little head start on the hunt and Natalie was the first to find all of her eggs. She carefully counted, making sure she had the exact number we had told each girl they could find. Samantha wasn't far behind and found all of her eggs quickly as well.


Abigail's stuffed animal helped her to find her eggs and I think it slowed her down somewhat. She wore that same dress for Easter two years ago - we're still waiting for her to grow but have faith that someday she'll be as tall as the other kids her age!


Emily was less excited than she has been in the past, but her competitiveness kicked in and she found all the eggs that were hidden in the more tricky spots. She, like Abigail, is also a shorty and wore one of Abigail's dresses for Easter. She was determined to wear a dress that had never been worn to church before and none of her dresses fit the bill.


Madison just sort of casually strolled around, not in any hurry to find the Easter eggs. She did look beautiful in her dress as she walked around! In the end, her younger sisters helped her to find all of her eggs because they were anxious to start opening eggs and trading candy.

This last picture is part of a bigger group picture that didn't make the cut. None of them did really, that's why I switched to taking pictures of their feet. I wanted to show Samantha here because this is how she looks in EVERY picture we take. She just looks straight at the camera and gives half a smile; I love this expression so much more than a big plastered on smile.

Comments

  1. I love your girls so much, they are all so beautiful. Also I sent out a package for you last week, I hope you get it soon, it's for mother's day from Megan and me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aren't you and Megan so sweet! I haven't seen anything in the mail yet, but I'll let you know when I do. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades