Mother's Day
This Mother's Day just might have been my best yet. The girls made me breakfast in bed and bought me a magazine to read while I spent the greater part of the morning lounging around. Abigail filled up a small box with little cards listing all the things that are good about me - did you know I am the best cook in the universe? Emily made me cookie mix in a jar so I can easily have some cookies anytime I want. Madison gave me a wonderful coupon book full of helpful and beautifully illustrated coupons. I can't wait to use the "do the laundry for a week" coupon; I don't think she has any idea how many loads of laundry we do in a week! Samantha and Natalie each gave me a jar of bath salts they made at school and some beautiful handmade cards.
Jared bought me a new computer chair and the strange thing is that I didn't even know I wanted one, but as soon as he wheeled it into our room I was so excited! I have been complaining about our old chair and have said many times that I don't like using our computer because the chair is so uncomfortable. He also bought me some more Polish pottery. I have been wanting some more nice serving pieces and he made some really good choices - a large platter, a medium sized serving bowl, and a rectangular baking dish. I have already used each piece at least once and I love having something pretty to put on the table at dinner.
At church I was able to lead the Primary when they sang for Mother's Day - I love those Primary kids. Our ward gave each Sister a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream; I went with the Americone Dream. It was definitely appreciated and different from anything I've received before in church!
During Primary Abigail filled out a survey about me that made me smile. It had questions like what is your mom's favorite food, how old is your mom, and what does your mom like to do. She got some things about me right, but others were not quite so close. For example, I don't weigh anywhere near 99.80 pounds and I am not the best at everything (besides her dad) but I do like to sew and I was born in 19 something.
My two younger sisters sent me an unexpected Mother's Day present. How nice to open the mail and find a Red Sox T-shirt waiting for me! Even better than the shirt was the nice letter they sent as well. Thanks Megan and Becca for the shirt and for being great sisters, I love you!
Jared bought me a new computer chair and the strange thing is that I didn't even know I wanted one, but as soon as he wheeled it into our room I was so excited! I have been complaining about our old chair and have said many times that I don't like using our computer because the chair is so uncomfortable. He also bought me some more Polish pottery. I have been wanting some more nice serving pieces and he made some really good choices - a large platter, a medium sized serving bowl, and a rectangular baking dish. I have already used each piece at least once and I love having something pretty to put on the table at dinner.
At church I was able to lead the Primary when they sang for Mother's Day - I love those Primary kids. Our ward gave each Sister a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream; I went with the Americone Dream. It was definitely appreciated and different from anything I've received before in church!
During Primary Abigail filled out a survey about me that made me smile. It had questions like what is your mom's favorite food, how old is your mom, and what does your mom like to do. She got some things about me right, but others were not quite so close. For example, I don't weigh anywhere near 99.80 pounds and I am not the best at everything (besides her dad) but I do like to sew and I was born in 19 something.
The shirt looks great! I'm so happy that you have a Boston shirt to wear during games now!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an awesome day for you. You looks so pretty in the picture.
ReplyDelete