Beauty
One evening last week we went for a walk. It was a beautiful day and we had a nice time walking to the little fountain here in town and then wandering along the paths that lead through the fields around town. Germany is a beautiful country and as we were walking I was overwhelmed by the blessing it is for us to live in such a gorgeous country. The world truly is glorious and I am grateful to be able to spend time in nature really enjoying the beauty of this world. I was glad I thought to bring the camera with me and was able to take some pictures of the beauty that surrounds us everyday.
Samantha feeding the sheep in a field just outside of town
Jared, Emily, Samantha, Abigail, and Natalie feeding the sheep. At first the sheep weren't too sure about us, but once we started feeding them they all came over to say hello.
Natalie, Jared, Emily, and Samantha
The kids all love the huge bales of hay that the farmers wrap up in plastic. Abigail was really excited to climb on top of the "giant marshmallows" and had so much fun jumping from marshmallow to marshmallow. She tried unsuccessfully to reach the top of the pyramid of hay behind her; maybe next time she'll make it to the top!
The fountain here in town has a lot of slimy algae stuff growing on it; the kids call it monster boogers. Jared is the kind of fun dad who will pick a bunch of the stuff and pretend to sneeze it out of his nose. It was gross and sweet at the same time.
Even though I found this perfect spot to take some pictures, Natalie just would not look at the camera . . .
And this sweetie is happy to do both, if I can just get her to sit still long enough to snap a picture or two.
And this sweetie is happy to do both, if I can just get her to sit still long enough to snap a picture or two.
Cute girls.....they are looking so grown up, crazy how that happens! It looks beautiful there...we miss you guys! Hope you have a fabulous summer!
ReplyDelete