Stubby
Last week the girls finally got out of school for their summer vacation. On the last day of school they all came home with backpacks full of unused supplies, terribly beaten up notebooks, broken crayons and bits of paper, candy wrappers, and gloves and sweaters they had forgotten at school throughout the school year. I was going through Abigail's backpack and sorting out the trash from the treasure when I got to her pencil box. The box is still in great shape and will be used again next year if she needs one. The pencils inside were another story - every single pencil was a teeny little stub of a thing, the longest was four inches and the smallest just under two inches, and most of the erasers were too tiny to be of any use at all. As I took out pencil after pencil (23 in all!) it got funnier and funnier to me. The number of pencils, the tiny size of them all, and most of all, the fact that they were all perfectly sharpened. She was using these little pencil stubs to do her work at school; no wonder her handwriting was getting worse and worse as the year progressed!
Ha! Ha! My kids at school do this all the time. They like to try to see how tiny they can get the pencil and still be able to write with it. Usually when I catch them I have them take it home or throw it away because it does affect their handwriting. That is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteYes, Trey and Emma do that too! Pretty funny! It's like a competition!
ReplyDelete