T-Shirt Dresses

Sometimes we have too many t-shirts around here. There are drawers and drawers overflowing with t-shirts that never get worn. Emily especially has too many shirts - they fill up two and a half of her five dresser drawers. I decided to make dresses for Natalie and Samantha out of some of those excess t-shirts.

I made the first dress for Natalie while the girls were at school. I took the top of a shirt that fit her but had a stain on the bottom half of the shirt, cut it off to make sort of an empire waist and sewed strips of fabric from the other t-shirts until it was long enough to be a dress.



When Samantha saw Natalie's dress she wanted one for herself as well. I had already laid out an old shirt of Sam's for the top of the dress and was playing around with bigger Emily shirts for the bottom part. I had the shirts in the order I thought they would look the best but Samantha asked me to make it a little differently from Natalie's dress. Instead of tiers for her dress she wanted it to be more ruffly.


I wanted to take some pictures of the girls in their dresses and as I was looking at the pictures I noticed a couple of things. First, they are cute dresses on some seriously cute little girls. Second, Samantha is a little model and Natalie is a crazy monster.



Samantha asked me to take a picture of her while she was walking and I obliged. She told me to count to three and then take the picture and when I got to three she froze, midstride, so I could take the picture. We ended up with this great picture that I just love.




Since Natalie wants to do everything that Samantha does I had to take a picture of her walking as well, but it didn't turn out quite so well. Still cute, but just not quite there.




This picture of her running is so much better because I think it really shows Natalie's fun personality.




And here we have a side-by-side example. Samantha is posed right down to her feet and Natalie is being her crazy, cute, happy little self.


And my favorite picture of the day - this sweet one of my two littlest girls.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades