Adventkranz
Day 18 - The Adventkranz, or advent wreath, is a German Christmas tradition. An advent wreath isn't the sort of wreath you hang on your front door. Instead, it lies flat and has four candles resting on it. For each of the four Sundays before Christmas you light one candle, so by the last Sunday before Christmas all four candles are lit. I'm worried I'm not really describing this very well so I'm going to just move on now. Ever since we moved here I've wanted an Advent wreath, but I worried that they were too Protestant, or German, or just too something.
Anyway, this week I went to one of my favorite places, the basket factory and found an advent wreath that was a little less traditional and that I really like. It's a metal star with the four candle holders for advent. I brought it home and I still liked it, but I thought it could use a little something to make it less plain. I went to our local market and bought some artificial pine branches and a few decorative items. I'm pretty happy with the end result, what do you think?
Anyway, this week I went to one of my favorite places, the basket factory and found an advent wreath that was a little less traditional and that I really like. It's a metal star with the four candle holders for advent. I brought it home and I still liked it, but I thought it could use a little something to make it less plain. I went to our local market and bought some artificial pine branches and a few decorative items. I'm pretty happy with the end result, what do you think?
I love the basket factory! It looks really nice, I like the little additions you made to it. What a nice tradition.
ReplyDelete