Birthday Girl

Day 12 - Here's Emily just twelve short years ago . . .


And here she is today - our birthday girl!


This was another day where I took more than just one picture so this post will be heavy on the pictures and light on text.    Everyone was excited to celebrate with Emily, especially Samantha.  She wanted to be the first to wish Emily a happy birthday so first thing this morning she made this sign and put it in the hallway for Emily to see.

It says: I love you.  I hope you have a great birthday.  Love, To: Emily    From: Sam
Emily asked for chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  I was a little disappointed she didn't want another doughnut cake because they are so easy, but chocolate cake is yummier.

Making her wish; she got all the candles out in one try and seems to think that makes the wish stronger
After cake it was on to presents.  Emily gave us a very specific list this year.  She outlined everything she wanted in categories numbered from one to eight.  Within each category she listed the things she wanted and  then rated each item within the category.  It made it easy for me to know what she wanted the most - skinny jeans more than funky socks and make up more than movies.

She spent a lot of time this afternoon trying to figure out what was inside those packages.  This one in particular was baffling to her.  She thought it was socks, but she was so off.
Emily loves sock monkeys, but I still wasn't sure she would love this hat.  Thankfully, she did  AND she  made a lovely face for this picture as well.
Madison gave her the pretty scarf she's wearing.  In this picture she is happily opening make up - category two on her birthday list ;)
And at the end of the night trying to figure out what she's going to do with all those presents.

Comments

  1. Happy birthday Emily!! Man I miss you guys, wish I could be there. Emily is looking more and more like you every year Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that baby! So cute then, so beautiful now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just so sweet! Tell her happy birthday from us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades