Decorated

Day 23 - We finally finished decorating the rest of the tree today, the day before Thanksgiving.  I have to say that I've felt kind of guilty decorating before Thanksgiving this year.  The rest of the house will have to wait a little longer, but the kids were really anxious to get that tree decorated.  As we were putting on the decorations the three older girls were excited each time they would find one of "their" ornaments.  They each have a few ornaments that they've been given or have made.  Natalie and Samantha were feeling left out because they don't have any special ornaments to call their own.  My first thought was that we should go down to the craft area and make some ornaments with them right away, but since Jared told me yesterday that he thinks I have a problem and need to spend less time being crafty and sewing instead we hopped in the car and went to the store so each of them could choose an ornament of their own.  I set a limit of €5 for each ornament and had veto power if they chose something that I really didn't like.  Other than that I set them loose in the Käthe Wohlfahrt store - with a reminder to look with their eyes and not with their hands. 

My picture today is of the almost finished Christmas tree, we didn't get the star up until Thanksgiving Day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades