Junking Day

Day 17 - Twice a year we have a junk day here in town. People put out whatever they don't want or that is too big to fit in their trash can. For the two or three days before actual junk day people slowly start moving their junk to the curb, piece by piece. At the same time, large white vans start circling the town and taking anything that is still in decent shape or has some value. I love looking for treasures in other people's trash as much as the next person, but these vans are kind of creepy/scary. They park in a field between our town and the next during the night and spend all day looking for treasure. The first year we were here we knew about junk day, but we didn't know about the people in the white vans. We almost lost a bike that wasn't junk because one of the girls left it out in the yard. I'm just glad I noticed and was able to communicate that the bike was certainly not junk.

Here's Samantha on junk day standing over the big pile of junk outside the Kindergarten.

Comments

  1. I remember those creepy vans! Of course, it was all I could do to keep JOHN from going through our neighbors' junk :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades