Talents
Day 13 - Samantha loves to play the piano. After I teach her a lesson she practices like crazy all day long and then the next day tells me that she is ready for another lesson. I think it's great that she likes to play so much, but I do have one problem with how she plays piano. Instead of reading the music, she memorizes her songs and plays by ear. She will sit at the piano and figure out her own songs as well as her older sisters piano pieces. She recently learned how to sing The Wheels on the Bus - she's a little behind on American songs for little kids but she knows lots of German ones. Yesterday she told me she was ready for a lesson, but I wasn't ready to teach her one so she sat at the piano and started picking out the notes for Wheels on the Bus. She even added in a fun little bit where she plays an octave up. I continue to be impressed by Samantha and how easily she learns new things. Instead of a picture for today, I have a video of her playing at the piano.
I couldn't upload the video here, so it's on YouTube instead. Just click the link to see Sam playing the piano.
I couldn't upload the video here, so it's on YouTube instead. Just click the link to see Sam playing the piano.
Comments
Post a Comment