Trick or Treat

Another Halloween has passed and this year was a great one.  I think that last year we did too much Halloween and by the end of it we were all ready to be done with the holiday.  This year we kept things more low-key with the church Trunk or Treat one evening and trick or treating here in the village on the night of the 31st.  It was just the right amount of costumes, candy, and fun and we never strayed into the too much territory that we found ourselves in last year.
Samantha was also a princess, but not any particular one.  Her
hair was gorgeously curly, but unfortunately it didn't last for long. 
She came home with the most candy because she was a hard worker at
the Trunk or Treat and went round again and again.

Emily made all of her costume this year
with things from around the house.  Those wings are old tights,
two hangers, and a cut up lei.
Emily was the only one who wore
two dfferent costumes this year.  The
cowgirl was for Halloween night and I
think it was her favorite one.

My "costume" was a headband with a huge sunflower
Another costume made from things we
already had.  I worried about this one - is
it a little policitally incorrect?  Either way, she got some
laughs and plenty of candy.
Madison also made her costume out of things
 we had lying around.  She was going for gypsy, and I think she
hit it pretty well.  The dangly earrings really made the costume.
Natalie was a sickie so she wasn't interestd in having
her picture taken.  I had to be sneaky to get a picture; I snapped this one
right before she fell asleep on the couch.  She was a beautiful,
but croupy, Cinderella.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades