Another Birthday Girl

I think it's safe to say that my birthday this year was much, much better than my birthday last year.  My day started with Jared getting the girls up and ready for school so I could sleep a little bit more.  Before they all left for the day, they brought me breakfast in bed which was, of course, yummy.  I spent the morning cleaning the house.  I know that doesn't sound like much fun, but I love the way having a neat, clean house makes me feel and I wanted that feeling on my birthday.  So I spent some time straightening, sweeping, and mopping before I relaxed for a while.  I was touched and a little bit surprised that two of my friends stopped by during the day to say happy birthday and bring me presents.  It wasn't even noon and it was already shaping up to be a great birthday.

Jared wanted to take everyone out for dinner, but I convinced him to stay in so I could cook because, well, I love cooking.  We had my favorite salad, garlic bread, and pasta primavera followed by delicious chocolate cake that Jared brought home.  There was ice cream too, but we forgot all about it when the time came so we'll save the ice cream for another day and have more birthday fun.  Then we opened presents - Jared says I'm hard to shop for, but really he did a great job.  He got me a tripod for my camera, which I have wanted forever!  Before, I would precariously balance the camera on piles of books or whatever I could find.  I am seriously excited about that new little toy.  I also got a sweet smelling candle, three new books to read, my favorite expensive face cream, and a new pair of jeans!


I found it hilarious that the card I received from my parents was the exact same one as the card Jared's mom sent to me.  It must be because I'm so special!


It was a day of flowers.  Flowers I bought myself, flowers Jared bought for me, flowers from my friend.


Perhaps the best gift of the day?  Jared included a little note in his birthday card to me - good for one trip with Jared, anywhere you want to go.  We spent some time last night exploring options online and came up with some good ideas.  Venice, Edinburgh, Mallorca.  But then this morning Jared said something interesting; he mentioned that I could just take a trip to visit my family in Utah instead.  So now, I have a decision to make.  A getaway with my man or a chance to see my far away family.  Any advice for me?


At the end of the night, as I was looking around at my wonderful family I couldn't help it, I cried a little.  I am one blessed woman.  I just kept wishing and praying that someday my sweet girls can be as happy as I am and have husbands who make them feel as special as Jared makes me feel.

Comments

  1. I may be a little biased, but I say you should come to Utah :) I'm glad you're birthday was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Yes, last year was a little rough! Go to Utah, you can drive with me this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see you but I think it would be more fun to go visit cool places. You've already seen Utah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades