A Birthday Girl

Madison has now turned fourteen and I feel silly for saying this but, where has the time gone?  It doesn't feel like fourteen years.  Four maybe, but definitely not fourteen.  Oh well, time moves forward and Madison wouldn't want to stay little forever.  Truthfully, I don't want our kids to be little forever either.  I love watching them grow and learn and Madison is especially interesting because she's always surprising me with the things she already knows about life.  She's steady and thoughtful and not easily influenced by the people around her.  I just hope she stays that way for the rest of her growing-up years!  For Madison's birthday this year we kept things pretty low key.  It was just the family at home with her favorite dinner, birthday cake, and some presents.  Here's a few pictures of the night.

Madison asked for only books this year, with just one exception - Dance Central  2.  She is the best Dance Central player in our family, which is kind of funny because she's usually not very coordinated at all.
Look at all those candles!
 
And here she is, our beautiful fourteen-year-old!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades