The Scarlet Letter

Earlier this month I sewed Natalie a cute little ruffly skirt and it was so fun and easy that I decided it would be a great idea to sew all the girls Easter clothes.  I got working and quickly busted out a dress for Samantha and a skirt for Abigail.  Natalie and Samantha were easy - I chose the fabric and the patterns without any input from them.  Since Abigail is a little older, she has stronger opinions about her clothes.  She chose the fabric as well as the style of her skirt.  I didn't want their outfits to match perfectly, but I did hope they would coordinate.   Abigail sort of threw that plan with her fabric choice but it did end up looking cute on her.

Here she is in her skirt
I love this sweet, funny girl
That letter A stands for Abigail - she wanted me to add her initial to make the skirt less plain.  I think the monogram does make the look less plain but it will also make the skirt harder to hand down to her sisters!  Anyway, I thought it looked pretty great until Jared asked me why I made Abby a Scarlet Letter skirt.  Now every time I look at it I think of Hester Prynne.  Man, the skirt is ruined for me now.  At least the letter isn't actually red; polka dot turquoise is prettier anyway!

Comments

  1. It's an adorable skirt. All the dresses I've seen so far are:0)If you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have even thought scarlet letter:0) great job!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt too! :) You are so talented!! Ditto-I wouldn't have thought of it either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I DID think of "The Scarlet Letter" when I saw the skirt, but only because it's an "A"! Thankfully, the skirt is cute enough that I don't think many other people will :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades