Create

There's something about taking a piece of fabric or two, some thread, and some notions and making something with your own hands.  Or starting with a pile of ingredients on the kitchen counter and turning them into a delicious meal for your family.  I really like making things.  I like being able to say "I made that" when something turns out well (or even when it doesn't turn out quite like I'd hoped!)

I've been sewing more than usual lately, trying to complete some projects that  have been on my sewing to-do list as well as use up some of my old fabric so I can go out and buy more fabric!  Most of what I sew does not stay in our house - I sew baby gifts, birthday presents, and other things to give away.  A few of the things I've made recently have stayed here with our family.  Want to see what I've been creating?

An apron for my Mom for Mother's Day
My favorite part is the pintuck detail along the waistline
Pajama shorts for Emily and Samantha.  Once I drafted the pattern for each girl, these were fun and easy to make.  I need to make patterns for everyone else and then get busy sewing pajama bottoms!
Just for fun I added little fabric "tags" to the back so they'll know which side is which
Travel changing pads and coordinating straps for holding diapers and wipes.  It seems as if lots of friends are having babies right now so I had a major assembly line going for these and I ended up making a dozen different sets.
This one is my favorite because of the cute owl fabric
I also made this Let's Go to the Park bag from a tutorial I found on Delia Creates.  I love how big this bag is, the circle pocket on the outside, and all the different pockets on the inside.
I also love the cute owl fabric inside this bag; I guess I have a little thing for owls lately.  On a normal day all I have in here is my wallet, an umbrella, a bottle of water, and some lotion and chapstick.  This bag can hold so much - we took it with us last month when we stayed overnight in Frankfurt and it held a board game, cards, movies, a laptop, snacks, and our lunch.


Comments

  1. If I send some fabric with Mom will you make me a cute Let's Go to the Park bag? It looks like it would make a great diaper bag! I love the changing pad and travel diaper case you sent me for Avery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca - I thought it would make a great diaper bag as well. I'd be happy to make a bag for you! If you go to the tutorial you'll be able to see how much fabric you'll need and then you'll just need to let me know which fabric the main, the lining, etc.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades