Mother's Day

Mother's Day was two weeks ago and I'm already looking forward to next year when my kids will cater to my every whim!  Seriously, because my husband and our children are amazing my mother's day was also amazing. 

It started off with the usual breakfast in bed - cinnamon toast, scrambled eggs, and orange juice.  What wasn't so usual was that Jared was there with the girls to deliver the breakfast.  Usually he's already at church when I'm waking up on Sunday mornings.  I really appreciated that he took the time to rearrange his schedule that morning so I could see him for a little while before he left for church.  I was also grateful that Samantha climbed in bed to snuggle with me because I was full after the toast and she very kindly offered to eat my eggs for me.  That way whichever child made those eggs wouldn't feel badly that they didn't get eaten.  I came upstairs to a clean kitchen and children dressed and ready for church.  Not a bad start to a Sunday!

All the girls took the time this year to go out and buy me a little gift - I think Madison was the ringleader for that activity.  She's such an amazing big sister!  I got a flowering plant, candles and a candle holder, chocolate, a pretty blue scarf, and some wind chimes to hang by the back patio.   I think my favorite present was this top ten list that the girls wrote for me on their easel.  I think this was Emily's idea since the heading is in her handwriting and it's the kind of thing she likes to do.


Top Ten Reasons why we love Mom
Numbers 1 and 2 from Abigail:  She makes us super happy when we're super sad.  She cleans our rooms without us asking her to.
Numbers 3 and 4 from Samantha:  I love Mom because she is nice.  I love Mom because she makes delicious dinners.
Numbers 5 and 6 from Natalie (written by Emily):  Because she is the bestest Mom.  Because she got me a pretty and sparkly dress.
Numbers 7 and 8 from Emily:  Because she is always there for me and always supports me.  Because she understands what I like and buys me clothes that I like.
Numbers 9 and 10 from Madison:  She supports me.  She loves me no matter what.

I love this because I like seeing all their different handwriting and I love the insight I gain from their reasons.  For Natalie and Emily it's all about the clothes, for Samantha food is important, Abby likes it when I do things to make her happy, and Madison just wants to be loved and supported.  

My gift from Jared was this beautiful console table that I'd been eyeing for a while.  I love the detail on the drawer fronts and the legs.  That detail is currently hidden behind our living room couch, but someday I know we'll live in a house where I can appreciate the beauty!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades