My parents and brother didn't come to Germany solely to celebrate Abigail turning ten, even though that was a pretty big deal. They also came to be tourists! After a couple of quiet days at home just spending time together and getting over jet lag it was time to get out there and see some sights. Our first day was pretty close to home - we went to Kaiserslautern which is just thirty short minutes away. Usually I do three things in Kaiserslatuern: go to church, go to the commissary, or go shopping. I vaguely remembered hearing about some things worth checking out on our newcomers tour when we first moved here so my objective was to find those sights. The first place we stopped was this wonderful fountain - it really was the coolest fountain I've ever seen. I didn't know much about the fountain when we went there, but I've since looked it up and found out that all the fun things symbolize parts of K-town's history. If you want to learn more you can go here and read all about it; otherwise just enjoy all the pictures!
 |
| Once I convinced John to climb up on this horse there was no stopping Natalie and Samantha from climbing on as well. |
 |
| Right after I noticed that cute little mouse, I also saw this sign. Playing on or entering the fountain is forbidden. Parents are responsible for their children. Whoops! |
 |
| Since we'd already broken the rules, we just kept playing. Samantha loved this headless statue and she just had to climb up and provide the head. |
 |
| I love this picture of Natalie mostly because she's totally feeling the statue up! |
 |
| Natalie, Samantha, and John on caught a ride on a gigantic fish |
Eventually, we had to move on from the fountain. However, now that I know where it is I'm sure we'll be back another time. The next hot day we get here I'm planning on loading up the kids and heading to the fountain in Kaiserslautern.
 |
| We saw this humongous backpack outside of a store in town. Natalie loved it and I love the big smile on her face. |
 |
| Two years ago when my parents came to visit, we took an amazing picture of Samantha on this exact spot. We had to coax her into taking another picture this time but we finally got her to smile! |
 |
| As we were walking through downtown we saw this amazing courtyard and had to stop in a take a little peek. |
 |
| I loved the stone planters that lined the courtyard walls. I was trying to get a picture of just the flowers but Natalie totally photobombed me! |
Comments
Post a Comment