Squirrels and Waterfalls
So we left Strasbourg and traveled on to Triberg in the Black Forest to see the tallest waterfall in Germany. It was kind of a long drive from Strasbourg, about three hours, so it was nice to finally get there and stretch our legs. As we got closer to Triberg there were little stores along the way selling cuckoo clocks and other traditional Black Forest products. We even drove by the world's largest cuckoo clock. In one day we got to see Germany's tallest waterfall and the world's largest cuckoo clock! Not exactly things on my bucket list, but something, nonetheless.
The first thing we saw at the entrance to the waterfall was this amazing squirrel. John really needed me to take his picture with the squirrel.
And here's John, Mom, and Dad at the top of the waterfall. Since it's only 163 meters high, we weren't that far above town.
This is how I'll remember Dad from this trip, with his camera in hand. He takes some pretty amazing pictures with that camera of his.
Instead of taking the easy path back down to the beginning of the waterfall, we found a new path to follow down. We ended up at the other end of town by a little lake. We took our time walking back to the car - stopping for delicious, amazing, Italian ice cream and browsing in the shops for souvenirs.
While I wasn't amazed by Germany's tallest waterfall, it was a pretty place. The drive to Triberg wound through a river valley and then through a rocky canyon with a river running along the road. The forest all around the waterfall was so green and lush, it made me think of a rain forest. I liked it enough that I think I'd go back again and bring Jared and the kids along this time.
The first thing we saw at the entrance to the waterfall was this amazing squirrel. John really needed me to take his picture with the squirrel.
Okay, so the hike (if you can call it that) was short and easy. It took about half an hour to make it all the way to the top. This picture of super John was taken when we were at the very start of the hike.
Almost to the top...
Instead of taking the easy path back down to the beginning of the waterfall, we found a new path to follow down. We ended up at the other end of town by a little lake. We took our time walking back to the car - stopping for delicious, amazing, Italian ice cream and browsing in the shops for souvenirs.
While I wasn't amazed by Germany's tallest waterfall, it was a pretty place. The drive to Triberg wound through a river valley and then through a rocky canyon with a river running along the road. The forest all around the waterfall was so green and lush, it made me think of a rain forest. I liked it enough that I think I'd go back again and bring Jared and the kids along this time.
Comments
Post a Comment