This year I was able to go to Youth Conference for the first time and it was amazing. The theme was Finding the Hero in You and there was lots of fun super hero stuff to go with the theme. It was spiritual and fun and I can't wait for the next one.

The first day, as soon as everyone arrived, we were assigned to our groups. My group was the green group, better known as the A-Team. I didn't really know what the A-Team was or how they were super heroes. For the first part of the day we were at the softball fields on base playing games. When the games were over we took a group photo and then had dinner. We needed to get everyone to church for the variety show so there were lots of minivans waiting for everyone. When we got to church for the variety show I found out that I was the third performer on the list. I played a song from The Corpse Bride on the piano. I think I did alright and only made a couple of little mistakes. Before we went home for the night we had an awesome cake with a bunch of superhero signs on it.
 |
| The amazing cake! |
Since some of the youth came from farther away and couldn't drive back and forth every day families in the local area had youth staying with them. We had four girls from the Heidelberg ward staying at our house. On Friday we had breakfast and then went to church. The day started with a devotional and a speaker, a really boring speaker. I almost fell asleep because the speaker was boring and I was so tired. After the speaker we had three workshops. The first one I went to was Super Dating. It was pretty much Jeopardy with a dating theme. The next workshop was Self Defense with my dad. We learned how to yell for help, avoid situations where we could get hurt, and how to get away if someone grabs you. The last workshop was about being safe on the internet.
After lunch we played X-Games. We started with a sort of game like telephone except with our hands, not our ears. Then we split up into eight different groups and played games like the human know, water balloon toss, making buildings out of aluminum foil, pictionary, and Jeopardy. After dinner we had the dance with a superhero theme. It was so much fun.
On Saturday we had a small devotional and then Sister Tintle told us what we'd be spending the last day of Youth Conference doing - learning a flash mob and then going downtown to actually do the flash mob! We did Army of Helaman with a few dance moves, two versions of Popcorn Popping, and I Am a Child of God in English and in German.
 |
| Here we are in the gym practicing I Am a Child of God |
We spent most of the morning learning the dance moves and how we'd be doing the whole thing. Once we had things pretty much set, we walked downtown and got set up for the flash mob. It started with just a small group singing Army of Helaman and then the rest of us joined in a bit at a time. We danced, there were jugglers and acrobats during popcorn popping, and I was part of the group that same I Am a Child of God in German. It was amazing and I hope the people who saw it liked the songs. When we got back to the church we had lunch and then it was time for testimony meeting. After that Youth Conference was officially over. I was sad for it to be the end but I can't wait for the next one!
I loved going to youth conference when I was young. I haven't had the chance to go as an adult yet, but it sounds like it would be fun. I recognize the cake from pinterest. That is awesome!
ReplyDelete