The Rest of Back to School Featuring a High School Student

Man, is that title long enough for all of you?  There's way too many back to schools around here.  First Natalie and Samantha, then me, followed shortly by Madison, Emily and Abigail, and finally Jared.  Now that we're all officially back to school I feel as if I can chronicle the all important first day of school for our amazing three older girls.

Madison is in high school.  What?  How did that even happen?  I really do remember her starting Kindergarten in Wyoming and it really does feel like just a year or two ago.  Time marches on and kids grow older no matter what I do so I'm going to be happy about this new chapter in Madison's life.

Madison pointed out that this is the first year since first grade that she didn't have at least one of her sisters at school with her.  I've loved having them all at the same school and I think they have liked it as well.  That's all over now as we have five girls going to four schools.  

Madison certainly looks happy about her first day.  She's such an amazing, beautiful, wonderful, sweet person and we're really blessed to have her in our family.

A quick hug for her favorite dad, 

and she was off and running for her first day of ninth grade.

Our Abigail started fifth grade this year and her teacher is Ms. Emerling.  The dreaded Ms. Emerling.  The one fifth grade teacher I was hoping she wouldn't get. So far all is well with Abigail in Ms. Emerling's fifth grade classroom and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of the year will go smoothly.

We were going for a mug shot sort of picture with the first day of school sign but 
silly Abigail couldn't keep a straight face.  

She's still trying not to smile in the profile picture as well, you can totally tell by 
funny way her mouth looks.

Emily is going to have a great seventh grade year.  She's skipped both seventh grade math and band and has moved up to the eighth grade classes.  She was also picked (along with three other kids from her school) to attend a Europe-wide leadership seminar this October.  And she's been elected vice-president of the Landstuhl chapter of the National Junior Honor Society.  Yeah, Emily has a lot going on and is doing an amazing job of handling all that she is responsible for. 

Emily had no problem looking serious.  But I guess seventh grade is serious business.

And still serious in profile, even though Abigail was doing her best to make Emily crack a smile.

I've not seen such love between these two for a long, long time.  

More running for the bus.  Stopping to take pictures really slows
 you down on a busy school morning.  

That's it!  Everyone, all seven of us, are now busy with homework and quizzes.  Here's to a wonderful and successful school year!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh,your girls have boobs! Haha! Sorry, that's all I could think of. Great pictures and it does feel like yesterday you came to visit when Madison was a baby at our little apartment in Shepherdstown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my girls have boobs. Emily mostly has a padded bra but Madison really has grown up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades