September Sewing

I heard from Madison's seminary teacher today that she was talking about me in class.  They were discussing the difference between worship and idolatry and Madison, wanting to give an example of idolatry, mentioned that all I do every day while she's at school is sew and cook.  Yep, I worship my sewing machine and stand mixer.  I did do a fair amount of both sewing and cooking in September, but I only took pictures of the things in created in my sewing space - not in my kitchen.


First, I made this bag that I just love.  It's roomy, it has a bow, and the flowers and colors make me happy every time I look at it.  I've made this same bag before, but with a solid fabric for the outside.  If you're interested in making your own, I used this tutorial at I Am Momma Hear Me Roar

I didn't make that beautiful knitted infinity scarf, but I really wish I had.  Knitting is not a skill I have been blessed with.  I tried once and all I could figure out how to do was cast on - over and over and over.

 Last week (before my sewing machine died, boo) I finished up this dress.  I bought the main fabric in Atlanta when Madison and I were there in July.  I've been meaning to do something with it for a while and I finally decided on a Schoolhouse Tunic, with some length added to make a dress instead of a tunic.  It wasn't until after I cut into the fabric that I found I hadn't bought enough to make a dress.  So I searched online for a coordinating fabric that I could use to make it longer and was lucky enough to find a different print, but in the same colorway, from the same fabric line.


Like the purse, this colors and pattern on this dress make me happy. I didn't realize until I got the fabric home to Germany that those flowery things were actually bees! Because it's a rather bold print I wasn't sure I could pull it off. When I showed the finished product to Jared he sort of made a face and said, "Paisley and stripes?"  It definitely made me second guess my fabric choices so I wore it out one day last week as a sort of test drive.  After wearing it around for a day I still loved this cute, comfortable dress.  I would wear it every day if I could and maybe someday, if my sewing machine ever works again, I'll make another one in a more subtle fabric!

Comments

  1. Nice! Both of those fabrics are really cute.

    Sorry about your sewing machine, that is really sad. I hope you can figure out how to get it fixed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades