Carbs

November 6 - Are low-carb diets still a big thing?  They will never work for me because it LOOOOVE carbs - bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, just plain sugar - I love it all.  So naturally, another thing I love about living in Germany is the delicious bread.  We don't have a bakery in our little town, but we do have a bread lady.  There is a great bakery just one town away and three times a week they load up their van with fresh baked deliciousness and drive to our town and sell it all.  

One of our favorite German breads is Brötchen, which is just a catch-all word for rolls.  But Brötchen are more than just average rolls.  They have a crusty, crispy outside and a soft, chewy inside and there are more varieties than I even know about.  Every bakery I go into has different kinds of Brötchen , but our favorite is this one made by our local bakery - Milchweck.  It's basically  two rolls smooshed together before being baked.  They're a little softer than other types of Brötchen we've tried and they are perfect to use for sandwiches because once you've made your sandwich you can tear the whole thing in half and have two little sandwiches to enjoy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades