Favorites

November 25 - I know I shouldn't have a favorite, but I totally do.  

A few times a year there are bazaars on base where vendors from all over Europe come and sell all kinds of treasures.  If you're looking for a European gift, an antique, or just some cute shoes you can find it at the bazaar.  After four years here, and three years in Bitburg, we've been to more than a few bazaars and I have to say that overall the things for sale at each one are really similar.  At a bazaar this spring I found something I'd never seen before that I had to have and am finally getting to enjoy - a set of four hand painted Russian Christmas ornaments.  There's a snowman, a Christmas tree, a little church, and this babushka, which is my favorite of the set.  She makes me happy hanging there on our tree; I smile every time I see her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades