Stargazing
November 22 - We invited some friends over the share the big Thanksgiving meal with us this year. When the day began I thought my daily picture would be of the table all set and looking lovely, or of the perfectly roasted bird, or even of the pile of dishes left when the feast was done. Instead I took a picture of something not really related to the typical Thanksgiving things.
While I was in the kitchen cleaning up after dinner I glanced out the window and saw Abigail, Samantha, and their friend Cole lying on the sidewalk looking up at the night sky. They were looking for pictures in the stars. I quickly grabbed the camera and went outside to snap a picture. Besides all the obvious things we are always thankful for on Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for the wonderful way children look at the world and for the reminder it gives me to slow down and enjoy the beauty all around me.
While I was in the kitchen cleaning up after dinner I glanced out the window and saw Abigail, Samantha, and their friend Cole lying on the sidewalk looking up at the night sky. They were looking for pictures in the stars. I quickly grabbed the camera and went outside to snap a picture. Besides all the obvious things we are always thankful for on Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for the wonderful way children look at the world and for the reminder it gives me to slow down and enjoy the beauty all around me.
Comments
Post a Comment