Vitamin M

November 14 - If you ever need care in the military health care system it's a really good bet that you'll be prescribed Vitamin M, better known as Motrin or ibuprofen.  It's kind of a joke really. Any level of pain is prescribed 800 mg Motrin.  Oh, your arm was gnawed off by an alligator? Have some Motrin. You're recovering from childbirth?  Here's your Motrin.  Whenever I go to the doctor I'm asked if I have any Motrin at home or if I need a refill.  I think the DOD and whoever manufactures that drug must have made a deal.  Usually, I can skip the medicine and just deal with whatever pain comes my way.  This week though, I've been grateful for military medicine and all the Motrin we've been given.

Jared and I have some sort of mystery illness.  For the last four days everything just hurts.  Every joint is achy and I hurt deep in my bones.  My arm muscles feel as if I've been benching small cars and my legs as if I did a wall sit for 24 hours straight.  The thing is, we haven't been doing those things or anything else that would make us feel this way.  It's really sad and kind of funny.  It hurts to tie a shoe or hold a toothbrush.  I almost dropped my pencil the other day while writing in my journal because my muscles just weren't working.  Jared spent hours at the clinic today trying to figure out what's wrong with us.  After lots of labs and a referral for an MRI and a visit to neurology, the bottom line is that we probably have a virus of some sort that is making us feel weak and achy.  The solution?  Vitamin M!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades