A Soggy Holiday

We were hoping for a white Christmas this year, especially after the snow that fell early in December.  However, the snow melted away in the middle of the month and rain started to fall instead of snow.  It rained every day for over two straight weeks.  By the day after Christmas we had our own little splash pad in the backyard.  Emily and Natalie took advantage of the soggy weather and went out to have some wet and muddy fun.


If the water had just stayed outside I wouldn't have minded all the grey, rainy weather. I guess the water had to go somewhere but I wish it wouldn't have decided to make it's way into our basement.  It took a few days (and all the fans we own working around the clock) but the basement is finally dry and we're keeping our fingers crossed that it stays that way.  Splashing in puddles outside is fun, but splashing in them in your basement is not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades