Odds and Ends

January is a slow news month in the Moran house so I'm really stretching to find anything to write about.  No birthdays, no holidays, no vacations - just regular everyday life.  Still, it's the everyday stuff that often gets forgotten and will be fun to look back and remember someday, right?  So here's a few quick pictures of the normal day-to-day that's been going on around our house.

I've done some sewing, hooray!  December was just too busy to sit down and sew (except for those cute pajamas pants) so it's been nice to spend some time with my sewing machine.  First on the line up, baby doll carriers for Samantha and Natalie.  These two cute carriers are another example of - according to Jared anyway - me going overboard with the whole sewing thing.  Do they really need carriers for their baby dolls?  Well, no.  But I couldn't watch Samantha rig up a makeshift carrier out of a scarf any longer.  Something had to be done! I already had a pattern thanks to the lovely book Little Things to Sew and there's always a little bit of extra fabric laying around for a fun project like this.  The pattern was pretty easy but still detailed and each carrier took just two fat quarters of fabric.



It finally snowed again!  We had so much rain for so long.  It was just grey and wet day after day after day.  I kept wishing it would get colder so we could have snow instead of rain and on Saturday my wish finally came true.  The girls spent a good amount of time playing outside that day and since it's continued to snow this week (with more snow forecasted into the beginning of next week) they've had many opportunities to run around outside throwing snowballs and making snow angels.  On a side note, don't you l-o-v-e Abigail's mustardy yellow coat? I think she looks amazing in that thing, even when she's throwing snowballs at me.


I did even more sewing!  My poor sewing machine sits in the basement collecting dust, and not only because I don't use it enough.  It also doesn't have a cover or case to keep it clean and protected.  When I sat down to sew those baby carriers for Nat and Sam I couldn't believe how dusty and dirty my machine had gotten.  As soon as I finished up the carriers, I whipped up this sewing machine cover using a pattern in another great book, One Yard Wonders.

.

And that's about all that been happening around here - sewing, snow, and more sewing.

Comments

  1. Excellent Sarah as usual. Every little girl would love a baby doll carrier.
    I love Abby's coat color, it is so Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this was intended, but there's a definite color theme between the three projects :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the color theme was intended in the baby carriers but the sewing machine cover was just some fabric I'd had forever and wanted to clear from my stash.

      Delete
  3. Those baby carriers are so cute! Avery would love it! Was it pretty easy, could you send me the pattern or bring the book with you when you come for John's wedding?
    Abigail does look beautiful in that coat, yellow is a good color on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could bring it next month, but I'm not so sure I want to add the weight of the book to my suitcase! I'll have to see if I can make a copy and sent it you way. And, the project was pretty straight forward. The hardest part was stitching around all the curves in the carrier.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades