Fifteen!
Madison is now fifteen! It was surely an exciting day for her, but as a parent I feel both joy and sadness as our kids grow older. It really is gratifying to see what an amazing person she has become and is becoming but I do miss the little girl she used to be.
Anyway, one thing we love about Madison is her easy going attitude about life. She wasn't too concerned about what type of cake she had as long as it had chocolate frosting and she really only wanted books for presents. Since we didn't have any really specific instructions we just had some fun with the celebration. Emily and I made this lovely cake; surrounded by kit kats and topped off with m&m's. It looked really fun and I think Madison was surprised but it was hurt your teeth sweet.
We got Madison three books and they were all books she already owns. I think we need to make an inventory of her library so that doesn't happen again.
I realized recently that we haven't bought Madison a new coat in three years. She's just been sharing with me, and while that's okay, it's even better to have a coat of your own. She and I did a little searching online and were happy to find this fluffy, warm, blue coat.
So, a few things about our wonderful Madison. She is smart - she works hard at school and does really well. We never have to remind her to do her homework. She just comes home, sits down, and gets it done. She is beautiful - she has an amazing smile, the cutest freckles, and of course, that amazing red hair. She is fun - sometimes her sisters wonder what happened to fun Madison and she can be pretty serious sometimes, but I think she's lots of fun and can be really silly. She is talented -she can sing, she can dance, she can play the drums, she can read faster than anyone else I know.
One of the things I like the most about Madison - she knows who she is and likes who she is. When I was Madison's age I was so concerned with fitting in and being liked. It's not as if Madison doesn't want to have friends, but she is happy with who she is and has found great friends who appreciate her personality and talents. I really love who Madison is. I love that she stands up for what is right. I love that she is always willing to help. I love her cute laugh and her freckles. I love that she is a good and loyal friend. We are blessed to have Madison in our family.
Happy Birthday Madison!
Comments
Post a Comment