Cake for Breakfast

I'm thirty-five now (well, thirty-five and one month).  It's funny how what used to sound old now sounds pretty young!  My birthday fell on a Saturday this year but Saturday's are a busy day for our family and there wasn't time that day to celebrate so we had a birthday breakfast party (complete with cake for breakfast) the next day instead. 


Jared and I worked as quickly as we could to get all 35 of those candles lit and even sped up the singing of Happy Birthday, but we still ended up with drip drops of wax all over the cake.


Blowing out that many candles generates a lot of smoke so it was either open a window or listen to the smoke alarm as we ate our cake for breakfast.


After the cake we opened presents.  Most of my presents this year were from Natalie.  She made me many, many playdough creations and then wrapped them up in printer paper.  I think this picture was taken after I opened the third or fourth playdough present. You can tell by my face how excited and surprised I was :)


After the presents there was some conga line dancing because my birthday was just. that. exciting. and because, well, we'd just eaten cake for breakfast so it was one big sugar high around here.

I wanted a picture with all my girls before everyone got out of pajamas and moved on with their day.  Somehow our pictures always end up sort of crazy - no nice, normal pictures where everyone is sitting neatly and we are all smiling and looking at the camera.  That would just be silly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades