Mug Shots
The Air Force was nice enough to ask us to stay in Germany for a little longer than we'd originally planned! There was just one problem - our military issued passports were set to expire about eighteen months before we were scheduled to leave the country. It took a long afternoon at the passport office, but we now all have new passports.
Of course part of the process was getting passport photos taken. Those little two inch by two inch photos don't usually present your best face to the world. I read somewhere that when you look like your passport photo, it's time to go home. As each of the girls took their turn getting their picture taken for the passports they were reminded that they should not smile for the photo. I think the goal is to have a natural expression with both eyes open and the mouth closed. I guess for kids that translates into "don't smile."
The resulting pictures are both sad and funny. First of all, my face is really not that wide. I'm not sure what was happening there. Madison actually looks about how she always looks as does Emily - especially that attitude around the eyes and mouth. It's those younger three girls who make me look twice. Abigail looks either miserable or angry or both, Samantha (to me) looks like a thug, and Natalie looks like she's about to cry from trying so hard not to smile.
I promise that on a daily basis none of us look quite this bad. I guess that means it's not time to go home (wherever that is) yet.
Of course part of the process was getting passport photos taken. Those little two inch by two inch photos don't usually present your best face to the world. I read somewhere that when you look like your passport photo, it's time to go home. As each of the girls took their turn getting their picture taken for the passports they were reminded that they should not smile for the photo. I think the goal is to have a natural expression with both eyes open and the mouth closed. I guess for kids that translates into "don't smile."
The resulting pictures are both sad and funny. First of all, my face is really not that wide. I'm not sure what was happening there. Madison actually looks about how she always looks as does Emily - especially that attitude around the eyes and mouth. It's those younger three girls who make me look twice. Abigail looks either miserable or angry or both, Samantha (to me) looks like a thug, and Natalie looks like she's about to cry from trying so hard not to smile.
I promise that on a daily basis none of us look quite this bad. I guess that means it's not time to go home (wherever that is) yet.

Way to go Moran girls, thanks for sharing your mug shots.
ReplyDeleteI had to print this up for Mark. It's HILARIOUS!
ReplyDelete