We're Lions and We Know It

Emily has been playing on her school's volleyball team (Go Lions!) this year and has totally rocked.  She's worked hard and has been an anchor for her team, which I learned means that she stays on the court the entire game, and spent a lot of time perfecting her serve until she became much more consistent at getting the ball over the net every time.  I'm not very sporty and I don't know a lot about volleyball, but I think she's a really great player.  Jared, who is very sporty, thinks she's the best player on the team and I'm sure that's an entirely unbiased opinion.  


Playing volleyball has been a big time commitment for Emily with practices two or three days a week after school and a match each weekend.  But, all that time at practice paid off when she was chosen to play on the All-Star Team at the end of the season!


p.s. The title of this post is a reference to a little cheer Emily and her teammates came up with; sorry if it doesn't make sense to anyone but Emily and me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?

Anxiety, Friendship, and Insecurity

Four Decades