Birthday Boy
What's your favorite thing about birthdays? Cake, balloons, presents, getting older? Maybe it's a bit of everything, but presents are definitely a lot of fun. I love the mystery of not knowing what they are and unwrapping them to see what's inside. I learned how much Jared loves presents a few years ago when I took a class on the five love languages. There are two things that make Jared feel loved: touch (no surprise there!) and receiving gifts. Unfortunately for Jared, I stink at giving gifts. I had determined that this year would be different and this would be Jared's best birthday yet.
Each present had a different time written on it and when each time rolled around Jared could open the corresponding present. Instead of opening all the presents after dinner like we usually do, he was able to open one present at a time all throughout the day. I tried to make the times on the gifts work with the item inside. For example, first thing in the morning at 5:39, the present he opened was his favorite body wash and a new shower sponge. There were even presents that were to be opened during his work day. At 10:39, right before his lunch break, the present was a restaurant gift card.
I loved doing this for Jared's birthday - besides making me look like a totally awesome wife it made Jared's day extra special!
I started buying things that I thought he'd like and then hid them well because Jared is a big snoop. The night before his birthday I got out all the wrapping supplies and got to work. On the morning of his birthday, Jared woke up to presents waiting for him on the dining room table along with a little note.
Each present had a different time written on it and when each time rolled around Jared could open the corresponding present. Instead of opening all the presents after dinner like we usually do, he was able to open one present at a time all throughout the day. I tried to make the times on the gifts work with the item inside. For example, first thing in the morning at 5:39, the present he opened was his favorite body wash and a new shower sponge. There were even presents that were to be opened during his work day. At 10:39, right before his lunch break, the present was a restaurant gift card.
I loved doing this for Jared's birthday - besides making me look like a totally awesome wife it made Jared's day extra special!
Awesome
ReplyDelete